Following is a list of steps to get started with a multi-node cluster with Hadoop in minutes.
- Download and install the pre-requisites: Virtualbox and Vagrant.
- Run vagrant box add command with the link for the desired vagrant development box configuration.
- Download Hadoop, Spark and Java to local for speeding up installation. Alternatively, you could specify the remote URLs for downloading these software during installation.
- Run vagrant up to setup your development environment.
- Run vagrant ssh to access the environment and perform post-provisioning tasks like starting up Hadoop and Spark daemons.